Saturday 10 July 2010

One Month and still counting???

Let me tell you a story. My story. I have/had a friend. Lets call him M. M is/was possibly one of my funnest friends to be around. We met out of sheer desperation you could say, considering we never really found people in our class who were less up tight/conservative, however snobbish that may sound. We found in each other open mindedness and no judgement. Which worked fine for us considering our ridiculous pasts and current beliefs. I bet if anyone is reading this is probably thinking this is going to end up as a love story. Well you're wrong. This friendship was like any other friendship between two people. We were mean to each other, we were rude to each other, we teased each other [in the most non sexual way that is], we laughed hard at stupid things, we'd make dirty meanings of things that we said and on the other hand we discussed politics, we exchanged thoughts on religion,faith and spirituality, we spoke about India and homosexuality, we shared similar interests in music and exchanged knowledge about music that each of us didn't know, we are/were great companions !

And today I sit in the dark in my room on the 11th of July 2010, writing a blog, and it's been a month since I last spoke to M. Not like our last conversation was pleasant. It was on my birthday and M was the only one who did not wish me but he did exchange some mindless words with me. To him they were probably not mindless but to me they were.

M is/was probably one of the most mature level headed people I know/knew, contrary to what other people thought of course. And I learnt a lot from him , contrary to what I thought would happen. "It's all awesome !" , he'd tell me with a smile, that is his punch line. And I thought I was an optimistic person .

We went through some rough times too, don't get me wrong. We had misunderstandings [or as I would like to believe they were], we fought and did not speak to each other and we even yelled at each other on the phone and we suffered a tragedy together, but we got through it. That is the kind of friends we became in such short time. But I never thought we would have a falling out for this long and at this age. So much for thinking about maturity and putting egos aside.If someone comes up to me and asked me about M, I would tell them that we are not talking and that I do not intend on keeping in touch with M. The reason why I have said is/was, know/knew etc is because how much ever I do not want to get back in touch because of my so called EGO, deep down inside I know I still have hope. But is it worth having hope for such a person ?

So its been a month, should I keep counting?

No comments:

Post a Comment